Your next opportunity awaits
The Utility Dive Editor will help direct our coverage of the electric power industry, from monitoring the beat and identifying stories for coverage to assigning and editing short and long-form stories. You will work with a small team of journalists and editors, field pitches and edit stories, report and write stories, send out email newsletters and work on special projects. This position will report to a senior editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven editing, writing, and reporting skills
- Ability to direct coverage, grow our audience, and elevate the quality of our editorial product
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends, and major news stories
- Strong digital news knowledge
- Tuned-in instincts for story selection, feature editing, headline writing, and more
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to edit and write stories on tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field
- 2-5 years experience in energy journalism; a focus on the electric utility beat is preferable
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room. We even have weekly dog visits.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" in 2015 and 2016 by the Washington Business Journal.