Your next opportunity awaits
The Managing Editor for Healthcare and BioPharma will oversee our healthcare and biopharmaceutical publications and manage the small teams of journalists who put them together. The Managing Editor will set editorial direction and strategy, spearhead major editorial initiatives, and mobilize their teams to act on challenges and opportunities. The Managing Editor will also recruit, hire and onboard new team members; train, coach and mentor their staff; manage resources and budgets; and drive forward innovation. This position reports to the CEO.
What you can bring to the table:
- Ability to coach and lead teams of editors and reporters
- Ability to build compelling editorial products that resonate with business readers
- Strong instincts for understanding the needs of niche audiences
- Strong knowledge of digital news and/or business media
- Minimum 5 years' experience with 2+ years as a manager
- Knowledge of the healthcare and/or biopharmaceutical industry is required
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" in 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the Washington Business Journal.