Your next opportunity awaits
We're Industry Dive, and we're on the cutting edge of business media. We're always on the hunt for bright, creative journalists who will be excited to get exposure to a variety of aspects of the modern digital editorial department. Sharp writing is a must, but we're also looking for candidates with a keen understanding of the value of curation, headlines, quick-takes, and a desire to write longer trend pieces.
You won't be cranking out endless quarterly reports or talking to the usual suspects here. You'll get a chance to own a product and use all your tools: Writing, editing and social media. You'll travel to industry events. You'll interview newsmakers. You'll get the satisfaction of working in an innovative newsroom that gives you the freedom to show your creative side.
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven business writing and editing skills, as well as an aptitude for business news and smart story selection
- Writing experience in one or more of these areas: marketing, social media, mobile, retail, ad tech or agencies
- Experience with daily news headlines that connects with marketers' interests
- An interest in writing and editing for a mobile experience
- Ability to drive reader value via social media
- Deadline-oriented time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or similar field
We would love it if you:
- Had some hands-on familiarity with HTML
- Working knowledge of basic SEO
- Experience with Google Analytics or other monitoring software
- Experience working with a publication in its early stages to grow audiences
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room. We even have weekly dog visits.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" in 2015 and 2016 by the Washington Business Journal.